CDO Model Repository - An Update
Do you like to model and generate your applications with the Eclipse Modeling Framework
That's fine because EMF is really great at generating model based runtimes, user interfaces and XML serialization!
But what if:
- you require more enterprise-like model persistence than XML serialization?
- your application has to be available for multiple users at the same time?
- your model resources are too huge to fit into XML files?
- you need object grained locking and transactions that span multiple resources?
- your users appreciate to always look at the latest state of the central model?
- they could simply switch back their view of the model to historical states?
The CDO model repository and distributed shared model for EMF
delivers solutions to the afore mentioned challenges and more.
CDO is a component of the Modeling project for many years now
and the latest generation has a completely new design and a
whole bunch of cool new features.
This short talk gives you an update of the current development activities and the new features of the upcoming 2.0 release.