Eclipse Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) Technology Project
Dynamic Languages Toolkit is a tool for vendors, researchers and end-users that rely on dynamic languages. DLTK is comprised of a set of extensible frameworks designed to reduce the complexity of building full featured development environments for dynamic languages such as PHP and Perl.
In the talk we would like to:
- give an overview of the Eclipse Dynamic Languages Toolkit Technology Project including components and features provided by DLTK version 0.95 released with Ganymede;
- introduce the reasoning and the ideas behind this project, and share goals and plans for the next DLTK release;
- explain the framework provided and steps required to add support for a new language;
- talk about projects adopting Dynamic Languages Toolkit, and vendors building commercial products on top of it. This includes CodeGear 3rdRail, and Eclipse PHP Development Tools (PDT) projects;
Also we'll talk on project future plans and challenges we met during this work:
- talk on various language's aspects, which makes languages "tools-friendly", "tools-hostile";
- share plans on DLTK evlution in depth (towards better IDEs for supported languages) and in width (towards more languages support and better core implementation).
This talk targets developers who interested in development of an IDE for programming language, language enthusiasts, and developers working with dynamic languages.
Andrey Platov is a Project Lead for the Eclipse Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) project.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering.