Docker Beginners Tutorial
Docker is not Eclipse technology itself but it has more and more become a standard tool that every developer should be able to use. Especially now that a lot of services are hosted in the cloud.
Yet still a lot of developers have problems getting over the initial steps. Now that Eclipse has started to cover support with the Docker UI, its time to get your hands dirty and dive right into Docker.
The tutorial will
- briefly cover the principals of Docker containers
- get everyone start on build Docker images and run containers
- deploy some simple technologies like database daemons
- show how to inspect running docker instances
- cover how to store db storage outside of the container
- show how to connect various containers
- show how to deploy Eclipse projects into containers running as a service
The setup for the Tutorial is an Ubuntu OS image running in a VirtualBox. So every platform is supported including Windows, Mac and Linux. Please install VirtualBox before you come to the tutorial. You will get the Ubuntu image in the tutorial.