Taking EMF to the Mobile Web - EMFT Texo on HTML5
This talk and demo shows how you can use EMFT Texo to generate the complete application stack of a mobile HTML5 web application. This includes JPA entities, JSON REST webservices and a generic HTML5 web ui. All generated from an ecore or xsd model. The generated artifacts are deployed on Jetty using EclipseLink.
EMFT Texo is a project within the eclipse.org Eclipse Modeling Framework project. EMFT Texo uses model driven development techniques to provide a solution for generating standards compliant business web applications.
The talk will be a combination of slides and demo and cover the following topics:
- Introduction to EMF and EMFT Texo
- Generation (JPA annotated code, ORM): show how code can be generated and how generated code can be managed.
- Texo runtime architecture: JSON Serialization, JPA integration, REST Webservice support for CRUD operations
- HTML5 web user interface on EMF models
Depending on the time, the following topics will also be touched upon:
- Using EMFT Texo to support RCP user interfaces in a 3-tier architecture
- Controling artifact generation using annotated models
- Model driven testing: generate your test data generation using EMFT Texo
For more information visit the following links: