Scrum: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Scrum, Scrum, Scrum. Almost everyone doing agile says they are doing Scrum. But are they actually? Scrum is designed as a game. The Scrum Guide subtext says, and I Quote" "The Rules of the Game." Many of you have some experience with Scrum, and it may not be optimal. Why? Because any good game has a clear goal, clear rules, a clear way to track progress, and OPT-IN participation. It is this last item that is usually lacking in typical Scrum roll-outs.
Attend this session if you are implementing Scrum in your organization. Also, attend this session to get a solid & quick tutorial overview of Scrum, followed by lively Q&A and experiential exercises taken directly from our agile training programs. Finally, attend this session to understand Scrum, and why it might be going "terribly wrong" at your company.
What You Will Learn:
- The fundamentals of genuine and authentic Scrum
- How to roll out Scrum by inviting all participants to "play the game" of Scrum
- Why Scrum adoptions succeed or fail-- and what to do about it
- Actionable guidance on your most difficult problems implementing Scrum
- Why mandating collaboration is a very bad idea, and what to do about it
- What to bring back to leaders of your organization