Develop a complete M2M application with Koneki and Mihini
The Eclipse M2M Industry Working Group is delivering tools and frameworks for building M2M applications, and this tutorial aims at giving you a hands-on experience that you'll never forget :-) In just three hours, we want you to use actual hardware and sensors for seeing by yourself that M2M development really is simple!
You will use the tools provided by Koneki, and the Lua development framework delivered by Mihini to build a real M2M application inspired from an actual home automation use case – and yes, there will be sensors scattered all over the conference center!
The tutorial will cover all the following aspects of developing an M2M application using Koneki and Mihini:
- Quick introduction to the Lua programming language and Koneki Lua Development Tools,
- Setting up Koneki for developing Mihini applications,
- Writing your first "Hello World" using the Mihini framework,
- Interacting with the hardware using Mihini API (Serial port, Modbus library, …),
- Remote deployment and remote debugging,
- Communication with an M2M server.
You only need basic programming skills for attending this tutorial, and that's exactly why we think everybody should attend!