iCTeam: Eclipse ALM on wheels
Objective : Present the concept of an ALM product for the Automotive embedded industry based on the Eclipse OSEE project.
This could be embraced and fostered by the Eclipse community and the Automotive industry for their mutual benefits.
Current Status: This product is under development at BOSCH-RBEI.
Application lifeclycle management in the automotive industry and the embedded world spring up their own challenges.
Complexity of the functions that are safety critical harbors demanding goals on quality and accurate project management.
The intricate steps involved in designing, developing, building and integrating multiples pieces of software functions call for meticulous management.
Components are developed across the globe by virtual distributed teams which are also integrated with functions from the OEMs and suppliers.
This needs a multi-tier, multi-site tool chain setup that is ideally cloud-enabled.
Ensuring end-to-end traceability starting from requirements to testing, calibration and delivery to the factory need intelligent tool support.
- iCTeam is a product that is tuned, customized and configurable for the automotive industry in particular and the embedded world in general.
- iCTeam is based on the OSEE platform which is an Eclipse Open source project (www.eclipse.org/osee).
- The primary goal of this ALM is E3 - "Enhancing Engineering Efficiency" for embedded developers in the Automotive Industry.
- Configurable plug-ins that provide industry specific features for each phase - Requirements,Design,Coding,Build, Integration,Testing,Calibration & Delivery.
- The product services can be hosted on Private or Hybrid clouds to enable data exchange between OEMs and suppliers.
- The Lifecycle model can be configured to support Waterfall or V-Model or the Agile Scrum methodologies.
The strategic proposal
- The Open Source Eclipse community contribute in enhancing the OSEE platform
- The Automotive industry and embedded domain communities cooperate & collaborate in plugging in the value-adding functions and services.