EclipseCon 2012 Speaker FAQs
Welcome to the EclipseCon 2012 Speaker FAQs. If you have a question that isn't answered below, email us. The FAQs will be updated regularly, so please check back occasionally for new information.
- All talks (except BoFs and sponsored talks) earn discounts
- Tutorials. Each accepted tutorial (3 hours) earns two 100%-off speaker discounts
- Standard Talks. Each accepted standard talk (35 minutes) earns one 100%-off discount.
- Speaker discounts may NOT be combined with other discounts, such as member, committer, alumni, or group discounts
- Speaker discounts are not transferable; unauthorized use will result in your registration being cancelled and additional registration fees may be incurred
- All speakers must register for the conference in order to attend the session and give the talk
Speaker discounts are implemented via coupon codes. Here are the steps in registering as a speaker:
- If you have submitted a talk, please do not register until you know the status of your submissions
- Sign your speaker agreement before registering
- On the registration page, choose the Speaker role if your talk has been accepted
- If you are registering with a speaker coupon code:
- Enter the code and proceed with registration
- If you do not see your discount reflected in the amount due, please email us for help
- If you are not registering with a speaker coupon code, proceed with registration
- If you are a member, committer, alumnus, or OSGi member and you are not using a speaker discount, remember to use the appropriate coupon code to receive your discounted rate; more information about these discounts can be found on the Registration FAQs page
Codes will be emailed to presenters after the program is chosen.
Anyone and everyone who plans to attend the conference in ANY role needs to register!
Yes, all speakers listed on a talk need to sign a Speaker Agreement. It's important – this is your way of communicating to use that you do intend to show up and give your talk!
First, try to find a colleague who can fill in for you and then email us to let us know. Registrations are transferable if your plans change. If you must cancel, please email us as soon as possible so that we can fill your place in the program with a talk on the waiting list.