EclipseCon 2012 Hot New Product Showcase
The second Hot New Product Showcase will be on Wednesday, March 28, 5:50 – 7:30pm. EclipseCon and Agile ALM Connect attendees will watch demos of new products from participating organizations, and vote for their favourite. The winning organization will receive a prize and designation as the winner of the Showcase.
Any company, open source project or individual that has introduced a new Eclipse-based product since January 1, 2011 is welcome to participate in the Showcase. The product can be applicable to any market or industry. There are lots of great examples of Eclipse-based products in the mobile industry, cloud market, biometric research, financial industry, advanced research, healthcare and many more. This is your chance to showcase your new product.
- Your product must be brand new (not a "new version") since January 1, 2011. It must be publicly available. Your product can be production, alpha, or beta quality, but it has to be available to the public (closed betas and products not yet available do not qualify). It can be an open source project or commercial product.
- Organizations must be members of the Eclipse Foundation, an exhibitor at EclipseCon, or have made a contribution to the Friends of Eclipse program (you decide how big, and we’re on the honor system).
- Your product must be based on Eclipse, or plug-in to Eclipse.
- Each organization may demo only one new product.
How to Participate
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your new product (or details if it is yet to be released) to see if it qualifies. Once we confirm space is available, we will need:
- Organization, product name, and a 25-word (maximum) product description
- A 120px-wide logo of your organization or product
- A high-res vector graphics version of your organization or product logo
- URL to where your product is (or will be) available to the public
- Description of your planned demo setup (for example, "laptop" or "PC + 30-inch monitor")
- Contact name and contact cell phone number
- All staff working the demo (and thus attending the reception) must be registered for EclipseCon 2012 with an All Access Pass or an Exhibits Only pass (for details, see our registration page). There are no exceptions, so please register in advance!
- Your demo setup includes a cloth-covered table and access to power and wireless Internet. While historically our WiFi performance has been good, demo participants should be prepared for the WiFi to be less than perfect.
- You may include literature at your table, but there can be no free-standing signs or other objects placed on the floor.
- Due to timing and shipping constraints, we ask that you not offer trinket give-aways during the reception, nor will you be able to scan attendee badges. If you want to collect business cards or ballots and ship a prize to a winner after the conference, that’s fine. Be sure to bring your own container for collecting cards; we will not have any available for you.
- The reception room will be open at 4pm to allow for setup. For security reasons, you must be wearing your EclipseCon badge when entering the demo room for setup and during the reception. Please pick up your badge from the EclipseCon registration desk by 4:30pm (registration closes at 5pm).
- Plan to be finished setting up by 5:50pm, when the door open for the reception.
- There is no storage or shipping available. All demo items (laptops, computers, monitors, literature, etc.) must be personally carried by your staff into the reception between 4pm and 5:50pm, and personally carried out of the reception at 7:30pm.