Donald Smith (Oracle ), Mike Milinkovich (Eclipse Foundation )
Making Community · Sponsored
Monday, 15:40, 2 hours | Cypress
* This session is for Eclipse Foundation Members and Committers Only. You do not have to be registered for EclipseCon to attend.
Eclipse is at a crossroads. The 2011 release train will include for the first time a complete runtime package and Orion and e4 will see more use and participation. These new and innovative technology platforms will provide new opportunities for the Eclipse ecosystem.
WindowBuilder, a world class GUI editor is now an Eclipse Project and Nuxeo has announced a new content management project. An Automotive industry working group has recently been announced and collaboration in that umbrella will begin.
This members meeting will include presentations from key contributors to the various technologies noted above, as well as an Executive Directors update on the Eclipse Foundation. Also, during this meeting we will highlight a proposal to update the Eclipse Foundation Bylaws to prepare us for the upcoming years. Agenda (all times tentative):
- 3:40 - 4:20pm - Mike Milinkovich, Executive Director Update
- 4:20 - 4:30pm - Orion Update, Boris Bokowski
- 4:30 - 4:40pm - EclipseRT Package Overview, Holger Staudacher
- 4:40 - 4:50pm - Automotive Industry Working Group Launch, Hans-Jurgen Kugler
- 4:50 - 5:20pm - New Project Updates
- Window Builder, Eric Clayberg
- Eclipse Content Repository, Eric Barroca
- 5:20 - 5:30pm - Marketing Update, Ian Skerrett
- 5:30 - 5:40pm - Q&A