Who Took The Cookie From The Cookie Jar?
Olivier Thomann (IBM )
Making For Eclipse · Standard (25 mins)
Thursday, 16:20, 25 minutes | Cypress
API's are fundamental for designing and maintaining quality components. Quality components are of paramount important to Eclipse. This talk details the evolution of the API Tooling project and demoes the technology going into 3.6.
The talk will focus on:
- Background/motivation of API tooling (ensuring compatibility)
- Showcase API tooling in the IDE - documenting APIs javadoc tags, setting up baselines, ensuring compatibility, flagging illegal use:
- demo with code assist, quick fixes, API problem filters, show problems appear on the fly, API comparison view/reports
- mention performance improvements in 3.6
- Showcase API use reports, new user interface for generating them.
- Introduce migration reports to highlight potential migration issues
Olivier Thomann is a software developer with IBM Rational Software at the IBM Ottawa labs, and has been a committer on the Eclipse project since its inception. He is the JDT/Core team lead and has been a key contributor to the team where he focused on bytecode generation, java formatter, DOM/AST creation. He is also one of the initial contributor to the project API Tooling.