* QVT-Relation is a declarative language based on patterns upon models ;
* QVT-Operational is an hybrid language with a rich declarative rule
structure and an imperative execution flow ;
* QVT-Core defines the semantics of declarative concepts.
SmartQVT is an open source implementation of the QVT-Operational language. The
tool is provided as an Eclipse plugging running on top of the EMF metamodelling
framework and is licensed under EPL.
The SmartQVT architecture is based on the principle of separation between
concrete syntax and abstract syntax (e.g. the QVT metamodel) which is reflected
by the implementation of two separated components:
* a parser converting the text into its metamodel-based representation
* and a compiler translating the metamodel-based representation into code.
This allows potentially to re-use the parser when implementing QVT on top of
other environments and target languages as well as gives the possibility to
apply the compiler to an input produced by another tool. Moreover, second order
transformation can also be developed using the QVT metamodel as an input or
output of a QVT transformation.
Expert in modelling techniques within France Telecom. He has been involved in various european collaborative european projects like IST MODATEL, IST MODELWARE and IST SPICE. He has actively contributed to the definition of various industrial standards produced by the OMG standardization body.
Expert in modeling techniques within France Telecom.